Research Engineer – Modeling and Control
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the CTO, the Research Engineer – Modeling & Control will be responsible for modeling, experimental characterization, control and/or optimization of the Joule Printing™ process. A successful candidate would perform some or all of these tasks:
- Develop dynamic models of the Joule Printing™ process and equipment using a combination of theoretical and empirical approaches.
- Design simulations and experiments to verify the model and control systems
- Develop/implement system identification methods to do parameter estimation
- Analyze and interpret experimental data to suggest improvements to the print process and/or process model
- Work with software, firmware and hardware engineering teams to build cutting-edge tools to plan, execute and analyze experiments
- Design software-based control algorithms to improve the speed and quality of Joule Printing™
- A PhD in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or a similar field.
- A strong understanding of physics in multiple domains, including mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and electromagnetics.
- Strong background in modeling, system identification, parameter estimation, and frequency response analysis.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink and Python.
- Background in classical and modern control theory, and know of adaptive control and control of non-linear systems desirable but not required.
- Experience with COMSOL and/or Flow3D desirable but not required.
Interested applicants should email a resume and/or LinkedIn link and cover note to email@example.com