Machine Shop Supervisor
Reporting to our Production Manager, this position helps in building out our new machine shop and creating finished parts from printed samples and / or raw stock materials. Reporting to the Production Manager, this role is part of the manufacturing team in a fast paced and demanding startup environment. The role works directly on rapid prototype machining of new components and perform final machining of components that we print in various metals, performing complex and varying machining operations using a CNC, Lathe and other common hand and power tools.
- Supervises machine shop activities including build out, machining of parts, maintenance and overall safety.
- Sets up and operates manual machine shop equipment as well as CNC Equipment.
- Analyzes complex engineering blueprints, specifications, and instructions to operate all CNC machine tools.
- Performs setup, programming and debugging of CNC Machine tools.
- Plans, lays out work, sets up and operates a lathe, CNC, grinders to create developmental, production or maintenance parts to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Creates new prototype parts quickly and accurately.
- Tests completed parts to verify accuracy using metrology equipment.
- Must be able to maintain and perform routine maintenance on machinery.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills to interface with various levels of employees while performing machinist functions.
- 7 or more years’ experience with relevant manual machine shop equipment and CNC machining experience.
- Past supervisory experience in machine shop environment.
- Familiarity with machining hard metals such as Titanium, H13, and Inconel.
- Strong knowledge of machine tools and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to program CNC CAM software strongly preferred.