Senior Data Software Engineer
Reporting to: Director of Software Engineering
The Data Software Engineer is responsible for building the data pipelines for our metal 3D printing systems. These include tools for collecting and storing data from a variety of sources, to cleaning and organizing the information, to analyzing and visualizing the data, and eventually automated learning and in-process fault detection. You will also work closely with the scientists and engineers developing our Joule Printing process to improve print quality, reliability, and speed by leveraging the rich sensor data provided by our flagship metal 3D printer.
If you are a driven, curious individual who is excited about hands-on software development and wants to learn and teach in our world class engineering team, we want to talk to you.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Proven record of deriving value from large, disjoint data sets.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and advanced querying. Direct experience with PostgreSQL
a big plus.
- Experience with time series data and signal processing
- Comfortable with off-the-shelf big data tools.
- Prior experience with visualization and presenting of complex data
- Recent hands-on software development experience.
VALUED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Familiarity with Python and Python data frameworks (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy)
- Experience with MATLAB. Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox a plus.
- Experience with additive manufacturing technologies
- Working knowledge of physics and material science fundamentals
Education and Experience:
- BS degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 5+ years progressive experience in Data Science/Engineering
Interested applicants should email a resume and/or LinkedIn link and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org