Reporting to our Production Manager, this role is responsible for creating finished parts from printed samples and / or raw stock materials. This role is part of the manufacturing team in a fast paced and demanding startup environment. This role directly works on rapid prototype machining of new components and perform final machining of components that we print in various metals. The role performs complex and varying machining operations using a CNC, Lathe and other common hand and power tools. We will train the selected candidate to run our 3D printers to print components for various customers and internal engineering tests.
- Sets up and operates manual machine shop equipment as well as CNC Equipment.
- Analyzes complex engineering blueprints, specifications, and instructions to operate all
CNC machine tools.
- Capable of independent setup, programming and debug of CNC Machine tools.
- Plan, lay out work, set up and operate a lathe, CNC, grinders to create developmental,
production or maintenance parts to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Create new prototype parts quickly and accurately.
- Test completed parts to verify accuracy using metrology equipment.
- Must be able to maintain and perform routine maintenance on machinery.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly to perform basic
preventive functions on equipment.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills to
interface with various levels of employees while performing machinist functions.
- 4 or more years experience with relevant manual machine shop equipment and CNC machining experience.
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment.
- Familiarity with machining hard metals such as Titanium, H13, and Inconel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to program CNC CAM software would be desirable.