This Applications Engineer (AE) position will be our first hire to the Applications Engineering team. An AE is responsible for working hand in hand with our sales and engineering teams to drive customer success in adoption of Digital Alloys’ Technology.
The AE’s primary role is to support our sales efforts as a trusted technical resource and a bridge between the customer and our product engineering teams. He/she will work with prospective and current customers to help educate them on our capabilities, find best applications, understand their technical requirements, and define, develop and deliver optimized solutions successfully implementing our technology.
This AE role will focus on the Tool, Mold and Die market, specifically on opportunities for conformal cooling. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing and manufacturing tooling (molding, casting, stamping, etc…) from initial product scope to DFM and simulation to validation to serial production.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Highly proficient in CAD and CAE. Ability to modify customer geometry for DFM.
- Great understanding of engineering drawings, manufacturing specs and quality systems.
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with customers and internal teams
- Creative problem solver, team player, passionate about technology and manufacturing
- Willing to travel 25% (more in first couple months if remote)
VALUED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Experience working in a small and dynamic team environment
- Experience using software simulation tools: Moldflow, CFD, Thermal, FEA
- Experience with additive manufacturing, especially metals
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 3+ years experience in designing and manufacturing Tools, Molds, Dies
Interested applicants should email a resume and/or LinkedIn link and cover note to email@example.com